Current Job Openings
Materials Engineer (3D Printing)
Location: Maynard, MA
*This is an office-based position, with some flexibility in working hours. The role will require daily interaction with printers and post-finishing equipment. Approximately 25% travel to conduct customer demonstrations and site visits.
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically proficient Materials Applications Engineer who can communicate effectively, adapt to a dynamic environment, and contribute to our mission of delivering innovative BMF solutions to our customers. If you are passionate about advancing 3D printing technology and have the skills and experience outlined, we encourage you to apply and become a vital part of our team.
As Materials Applications Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our sales and marketing teams by providing technical expertise in materials and application support for our BMF micro 3D printing technology. Your mission is to foster customer success and contribute to sales growth. You will work closely with customers, colleagues, and internal print services to ensure that we deliver top-quality samples, demo parts, test parts, and benchmarks that align with customer expectations. This role demands a creative, entrepreneurial approach, involving extensive interaction with customers and prospects to identify and qualify BMF solutions for their specific applications.
- Technical Support: Assist customers and prospects in understanding the technical aspects of BMF equipment, its capabilities, materials solutions, and how it can meet their specific application requirements.
- Applications Development: Collaborate on file specs, material selection, and workflow to optimize BMF solutions for customer needs.
- Material Development: Support material development efforts to expand the range of applications for BMF equipment.
- Case Studies: Prepare case studies that showcase successful applications of BMF equipment.
- Special Projects: Contribute to special projects and experiments aimed at improving equipment performance.
- Customer Meetings: Participate in customer meetings and presentations, offering technical insights and solutions.
- Customer Demonstrations: Prepare and carry out customer demonstrations, both in the office and on-site.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Materials Engineering or similar field, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in CAD software
- 5 years of experience in SLA/DLP Photopolymer 3D printing
- 10 years of experience in technical applications support
- Strong computer skills, particularly with MS Office applications
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- 5 years of experience working within a 3D Printer OEM is an advantage
- Proficiency in Mandarin is an advantage
BMF provides competitive compensation and benefits. Package negotiable and commensurate with qualifications, experience, and regional requirements.
Interested? Send resumes to EJ Nordstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biomedical Scientist: Kidney-on-a-chip, Skin-on-a-chip
Boston Micro Fabrication Research Institute (San Diego) is looking for Biomedical Scientists: Kidney-on-a-chip, Skin-on-a-chip.
Location: San Diego, California.
Boston Micro Fabrication is the world leader in micro-precision 3D printing industry. We are looking for highly motivated scientists with expertise in 3D cell biology, tissue engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or similar field. You will be part of an innovative and highly productive team committed to the convergence of cutting-edge 3D printing technology and organs-on-chips platforms. We will leverage your expertise to develop organs-on-chips platforms and assays for drug discovery and cosmetic testing applications.
- Develop advanced in vitro 3D kidney and skin models via organ-on-chip approaches.
- Establish quantitative validation assays with standard readout techniques in combination with imaging technologies for validating the functionalities and morphologies of the tissues, as well as drugs and/or cosmetics testing.
- Collaborate with other scientists, provide scientific leadership and mentorship to guide the research associates and technicians.
- Identify issues and resolve project challenges while driving cross-functional collaboration to advance scientific understanding and best practice.
- Communicate and report project findings, lead the preparation of presentations and the writing of manuscripts.
- Identify and maintain collaborations regarding various technologies that can advance our product concepts.
- PhD degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in Biomedical Engineering, Tissue Engineering, Pharmaceutical sciences, or similar field.
- Significant hands-on experience with mammalian cell, organoid culture, and relevant assays based on kidney-on-a-chip and/or skin-on-a-chip platforms
- Profound experience in drug discovery and/or cosmetic testing.
- Solid proficiency in in vitro bioanalytical assays, such as cytotoxicity, ELISA, gene expression analysis, PCR, immunostaining, flow cytometry, and confocal microscopy.
- Professional writing skills and the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with a broad range of people, including staff colleagues, outside agencies and collaborators.
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to identify issues, conduct research, and develop innovative solutions.
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced, highly multidisciplinary, and collaborative team environment.
- Experience with perfusion cell culture systems.
- Strong record of publications in organs-on-chips technologies
- Hands-on experience with primary cells and patient-derived cells for application in 3D biology.
- Familiarity with handling extracellular matrix and characterizing biomaterials.
Boston Micro Fabrication provides competitive compensation and benefits. Package negotiable and commensurate with qualifications, experience, and regional requirements.
Interested? Send resumes to Jennifer Bingjie Sun at email@example.com.