Current Job Openings
Boston Micro Fabrication Research Institute (San Diego) is looking for bio/medical scientists. Location: North San Diego near CA-56 and I-5.
- Study the mechanistic basis of cell health and rejuvenation using 3D cell culture and 3D organoid systems.
- Develop and optimize novel 3D organoid with novel 3D printing technology.
- Scientific rigor towards continuous improvement of state-of-the-art cell culture technologies.
- Responsible for developing project-specific experimental strategies, techniques, and procedures.
- Contribute to writing and dissemination of research findings.
- Identify and maintain collaborations regarding various technologies that can advance our product concepts
- MS in life sciences, chemical/biochemical engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant academic or industrial research experience related to developing/leveraging 2D/3D stem cell derived models.
- Excellent professional writing skills and the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to identify issues, conduct research, and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with a broad range of people, including staff colleagues, outside agencies and collaborators, and the community.
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and diverse team environment.
- Demonstrated experience using in-vitro 3D cell culture models to address complex biological problems and drug testing.
- Experience handling cell lines including cancer cells, mammalian, and primary cells. Induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSCs) experience is a plus.
- Experience with perfusion and scaffold cell culture systems.
- Experience designing, coordinating and implementing cell-based assays, including analysis of data.
- Familiarity with DLP projection 3D printing.
Boston Micro Fabrication provides competitive compensation and benefits. Package negotiable and commensurate with qualifications, experience, and regional requirements
Additive Manufacturing Technician
We are looking for an AM Technician to support our in-house fleet of micro-precision 3D printers.
- Manage queue of 3D printers making benchmarks and paid parts for our growing list of prospects and customers.
- Quote projects, set up builds, manage systems, process parts, conduct inspection, shipping.
- Work closely with applications engineering to provide feedback on customer designs, building techniques.
- 5 years of relevant experience running photopolymer 3D printing equipment, advanced additivemanufacturing products, or high-level laboratory or micromanufacturing
- 3D CAD experience
- 3D printing software experience (Magics, Voxeldance, others).
- Affinity and motivation to work within an early-stage business, including versatility and adapting to start up environment
- Capacity to share your thoughts, working towards solutions and finding common ground withcolleagues from different backgrounds
- CompetentPC/ITSkills(MS Office)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well organised and strong attention to detail
- Ability to be assertive to achieve goals
- Self-motivated & able to work using own initiative without close supervision
- A genuine strong interest in the additive manufacturing business
- To be a team player with excellent communication skills
BMF has an innovative, hardworking, ambitious and principled culture.
Package negotiable and commensurate with qualifications, experience, and regional requirements.
Contact: Jason Jammallo, email@example.com to apply.